For symptoms caused by dryness of the vagina and external genital area (feeling of dryness, stinging, itching and painful intercourse, e.g. during the menopause, due to oestrogen deficiency). Vagisan Moisturising Cream can also be used to facilitate sexual intercourse.
Vagisan Moisturising Cream is a smooth, white cream developed for use in symptoms of vaginal dryness. Vagisan Moisturising Cream contains no hormones (oestrogens) and can therefore be used alongside hormone replacement therapy or during the menopause with vaginal creams or pessaries that do contain hormones (oestrogen). Thanks to the addition of lactic acid, the cream is set at a pH of 4.5. As a result, Vagisan Moisturising Cream helps maintain a natural pH within the vagina. Two effects contribute towards the relief of symptoms of vaginal dryness by Vagisan Moisturising Cream: – The cream has a high water content, thereby moisturising the skin within the vagina and external genital area. – Nourishing lipids (fats) keep the skin supple. Regular use of Vagisan Moisturising Cream can help prevent irritation and inflammation within the vagina and external genital area. The cream can also be used for vaginal dryness before sexual intercourse, in principle with latex condoms. In women wishing to conceive, there are no contraindications to using Vagisan Moisturising Cream for vaginal dryness, as sperm motility is not impaired.
Vagisan Moisturising Cream can be used inside the vagina (with an applicator) and on the external genital area.
- For use inside the vagina, fill the applicator one-half full with the cream and apply inside the vagina, preferably before going to bed. It can be used once a day or less often (such as 2–3 x per week), depending on individual symptoms. We recommend wearing a panty liner when using this product.
- To care for the external genital area and the vaginal opening, Vagisan Moisturising Cream can be applied directly several times per day as needed.
- It may be used during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
- For vaginal dryness, Vagisan Moisturising Cream can be applied as needed prior to intercourse.
Vagisan® Moisturising Cream
aqua, benzyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate, lactic acid, octyldodecanol, polysorbate 60, sodium lactate, sorbitan stearate
The cream is free of hormones and fragrances.
Vagisan Moisturising Cream is a medical device.
- Package information leaflet
Click here to view and download the package information leaflet for Vagisan Moisturising Cream.
- When should you consult your gynaecologist?
Always consult your gynaecologist in case of severe symptoms or pain in the vaginal and external genital area, or in case of bleeding. Hormonal treatment may be necessary in the form of vaginal cream or pessaries. Discuss this question with your doctor.
Moreover, you should consult your doctor
- in case of pain or burning when urinating
- if you notice traces of blood on the toilet paper after a bowel movement
- if you suspect a vaginal infection (discharge, severe burning, itching)